dimanche 10 octobre 2010

Chosing a god

Oh, God! As i got up I stumbled over a lose stone and triped. My compass went flying over the edge of the rock, were I had been sitting. Before I could put my hand out to catch it, it was to late. The sea was very deep under the rocks, and i know i will never find it again. I could not even hear the plop.

I don't know why a I said that ( Oh, God). It was the men sometimes in the camp that said that, in the camp when they were most in despair.
But as for myself I have no god, And no compass either.Freedom is precious and now I have nothing o defend it with.

OK. I think i must have a god. But which one should I chose? It is important to find the right one. I'd only I had listen to what the men ( I mean the other people ) had talked about in camp in the camp. I had only been interested in learning new words. If i had asked more questions i could of learned a lot more.
Here are the gods I know of:
There is the ones that Jews, had made so many demands in return for his help. But what do I have to give him. Nothing! And since I am not a Jews Perhaps I had no right to chose him. The god of the Catholics seemed to leave things to a women called Mary. Not that I have anything against women, but I know so little about them that maybe, it would be better to chose one who looked after things himself. Johannes should have taught me something about God. Instead, he had only told me about a man, also called David, who had, lived a long time ago. I am digging into my memory. I got it! That other David had said of his God, '' He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, He leadth me beside the still waters.''
That is the one I will chose!
I will note down my prayers, so that I keep track of what i say to him and what I ask.
'' God of the green pastures and the still waters, I am David  and I chose you as my God! But you must please understand that i can't do anything for you, because I've always been in a wicked place, were no one could think  or learn, or get to know anything, and I know nothing about what other people ought to do for there god. But the David Johannes used to talk about, knew that even if he couldn't see you, that you were there and stronger than any men. I pray that you help my that they will never catch me again. Then perhaps I can gradually find out about you so that I can, do something in return, and if you know were Johannes is now, will you please thank him for me, for going to Salonica , and tell him that now i am free and i can think about him again. I am David Amen.''
Perhaps it was a mistake saying Amen because thats what Catholics did, but I know it is a holy word, and that if you did not have an ending God would not know when you finished you're prayer.
I am glad I tough of that. I am now even more determine to go on living.
No every morning, and every evening too. I am able to tell by the sun which way i am going. I will be able to manage even with out a compass.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire