dimanche 7 novembre 2010

The letter in the news paper

I am already past Bologna, well...almost. I am in the countryside right now. Its not very beautiful, actually it is just less nice than Bologna itself. The landscape is flat and the road is gray and very dusty. There is a lot of traffic on the main road. And I am running out of time it is getting colder. And now I only stop when I am out of breath or I need to buy some bread.
And I have now spent all the money I had gotten from the Americans. And it is only in towns I could earn money. And I am now i danger of starvation. I will go and beg a lorry. So I can get to Millan faster. There is no time to lose.

The lorry driver put me down at the station. I just earned a lot of money. Because A LOT of  people needed help with their baggages. And their were tourist who could not speak Italian. I earned enough money to buy bread for seven days.
There is also a new paper. I will read it for practice.

Wow... in the new paper there is my name. I it surely for me here it is. It said:
    '' David do not be afraid we are not searching for you. We we should be glad if you come back to live with us. We believe everything you said. The children's parents.''
See it is addressed to me. There is no doubt about it. I feel happy.

I can't sleep. I am sleeping in a ditch. It is REALLY cold. I will not beg a ride. Because people think it is odd for a boy to beg a lift at that time. I am already out of Millan. And that is why the only place to sleep was in a ditch. I am still glad they had written to me... except for Carlo.
I will pray:
''God...God of the green pastures and the still water. I am not praying for help, because I am David, and thats something that can't be altered. But I want you to know that the green pastures and the still waters is not enough to live by, and nor is freedom. Not when you know there's love and you haven't got anyone you belong to, because you're different and are only a boy who's run away. I'm saying this to tell you, you didn't help me anymore to escape from them. It doesen't matter. Thank you for the times you helped me when I still thought life might be a little worth living. I am David Amen.''

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire